Orange Blossom Scented Water is a flower distillate for facial beauty; it has a profound soothing, refreshing and revitalizing action on the skin. Orange Blossom hydrolate preserves the intrinsic properties of precious orange blossoms, known as ‘zagare.’ Their aroma is delicately floral and citrusy, with a very particular bitter-sweet note; used in Aromatherapy for its calming and relaxing properties which combat anxiety, stress, sadness and emotional states of agitation. Orange Blossom Scented Water is a toner with excellent refreshing properties, and when applied to the skin helps to relax it, making it smoother, more toned and softer.
Popular tradition associates orange blossom with wedding days, due to an ancient legend: a Spanish king received an orange tree as a gift from a beautiful girl. After having it planted in the royal garden, the king became so possessive of it that he refused to give even a single branch to an ambassador who was passing through. The ambassador was so impressed by the tree, he bribed the king's gardener to give him a branch. The gardener was able to use the money he received to marry off his daughter, offering a rich dowry for her marriage to her beloved. The girl used flowered twigs of the orange blossom tree to adorn her hair on her wedding day.
Aromatic waters, or hydrolates, are obtained by the same process as most essential oils, namely steam distillation. It is for this reason that for a long time, aromatic waters were considered a waste product of distillation, and only ‘recently’ has their value been appreciated, becoming as a result protagonists in the world of cosmetics and aromatherapy. Essential oils and hydrolates are in fact complementary, each preserving the properties of the plant which are not retained in the other. The hydrolate contains all the hydrophilic components of the plant from which it is obtained, unlike the essential oil which contains the lipophilic components. It is important that the choice of hydrolate is based on the characteristics of the skin, and the natural properties that each plant possesses and that you want to use.
- Purifying and refreshing
- Botanical name
- Citrus aurantium var. amara
- Skin type
- Sensitive, dry, acne-prone and dull skin
- 100 ml
- 9 M
- Does not contain
- Preservatives, dyes, PEGs, cosmetic allergens, synthetic fragrances, petroleum derivatives
- Certified COSMOS Organic cosmetic
- Extracted by steam distillation of orange flowers
- Subsequently blended with alcohol, produced from organic raw materials, to prolong shelf life
- Can be used on all skin types, although very suitable for sensible, dry, acneic and dull skins
- Delicate, floral, citru and bitter sweet fragrance that instils serenity and equilibrium
- Contains less than 1% essential oils
- 95% organic ingredients in complete blend
- 99.8% of total ingredients are natural in origin
- Dermatologically tested at the University of Ferrara, Italy
- No cosmetic allergens present
- Produced with ZERO impact renewable energy
- NO preservatives, petroleum derivatives, PEGs and PPGs, fragrances, dyes and synthetic viscosifiers
Orange flower water* (Citrus aurantium var. amara), subsequently mixed with denatured alcohol, produced from organic raw materials, to improve the shelf life of the aromatic water over time. 95% of ingredients are sourced from controlled organic* farms.
With the practical and easy to use spray diffuser, spray the right amount of Orange Blossom Scented Water onto a cottonwool pad, or directly onto the skin of the face, and use as a normal toner after daily skin washes. Orange Blossom hydrolate offers a wide range of uses:
- For facial skin care, with packs and compresses
- In beauty treatments and perfume preparation
- As a refreshing and regenerating water when traveling
- As aftershave