How is a FLORA product created?
We combine knowledge and creativity in a natural, controlled, scientific way.
Plants are our inspiration: our starting point is always our deep understanding of their healing and beneficial properties, to ensure we develop combinations that are safe and effective. At FLORA, our constant commitment is to guarantee our products are certified, checked and high quality, that they move from the natural world outside into our laboratories, so they can then be used by our customers.
The active ingredient makes the difference
- An excellent product is always the result of an excellent active ingredient.
- This premise forms the basis for our entire production process.
- The choice of the active ingredient to be used (dried herbs, 100% pure essential oils, extracts and so on) is what starts us on the path towards excellent quality.
- Listening to our customers
- Our Research and Development department
- Our rigorous scientific processes, built around uncompromising quality
- Including manual checks of products’ smell and appearance – two further quality aspects
- Our dedication to excellence, beyond the norm
- Our professional dedication
- The knowledge of our working group
Our production process
FLORA srl is involved in the Regional Project NANOCube
Innovative technologies development to create nanoapsules and nanosystems for controlled release of functional substances for biomedical and cosmetic applications.
Project financed within the framework of POR FESR Toscana 2014-2020
In December 2016 the project “ Development of innovative technologies to create nanocapsules and nanosystems for controlled release substances for biomedical and cosmetic applications” whose acronym is NANOCUBE, was accepted for financing by the Tuscany Region. The project intends to develop original active nanometrics systems for biomedical and cosmetic applications, such as:
• Nanomaterials in the form of nanofibers and core-shell nanocapsules for local treatment of skin
• Nanomaterials in the form of nanofibers and core-shell nanocapsules 100% of vegetable origin for release of natural substances (essential oils) for a cosmetic or dermocosmetic (class I non-sterile medical devices) use.
• Self-supporting, nanostructured, bio-active patches for the treatment of chronic wounds.
NANOCUBE's goal is also to develop the right equipment for the production of such nanostructured systems, overcoming the current technological and commercial barriers.
The project was presented by the Tuscan consortium composed of the coordinator TECHA S.r.l., FLORA S.r.l., Linari Engineering S.r.l, supported by Laboratory for Biomaterials & Graft Technology,CNR-IFC, excellence in the field of biomaterials and biotechnologies.