Marigold Oil is an oleolite made by macerating part of the plant in another plant oil (or a mixture of plant oils). FLORA Marigold Oil is made by macerating marigold flowers in olive, sesame and sunflower oils for about 45 days. Plant parts are then filtered out leaving all the active principles and properties in the oil.
Marigold Oil is very delicate, and is very suitable for caring for children’s and elderly people’s sensitive and chapped skin. Many mothers, in fact, use it in case of nappy redness to restore the skin to normality; it can also be applied to the nipples of new mothers to prevent cracking and fissures. Also very suitable for treating insect bites, thanks to its healing, soothing and calming properties. In Ayurveda, marigold oil is a rebalancing agent for Pitta skin types (sensitive, irritated and acne-prone skin).
Marigold Oil from our Purity Line is:
- REFRESHING: indicated as a softening and refreshing oil for children’s and elderly people’s skin as an adjuvant to soothing redness and irritation.
- HEALING AND REGENERATING: improves the condition of the skin (eudermic action) and is suitable for treating irritated and chapped skin.
- CONTRAST THE ACTION OF FREE RADICALS: the carotenoids contained in marigold flowers stimulate the production of new epithelial cells, contrasting the action of free radicals.
- Refreshing, healing, regenerating. Counteracts the action of free radicals
- Skin type
- Tired and dull
- 50 ml
- 9 M
- Does not contain
- Preservatives, dyes, cosmetic allergens, PEG and PPG, petroleum derivatives
- Certified COSMOS-BDIH organic cosmetic
- 100% pure marigold (Calendula officinalis) oleolite
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol), plant sourced
- Made by macerating marigold flowers (30%) in olive, sesame and sunflower plant oils.
- Characteristic, refreshing scent
- Ideal for children’s and elderly people’s skin
- In Ayurveda it is a Pitta skin balancer (sensitive, irritated and acne-prone skin types)
- Free of genetically modified ingredients (GMO)
- Made with renewable energy with ZERO impact
100% pure plant oil produced with cold-pressed olive*(Olea europea), sesame*(Sesamum indicum) and sunflower*(Helianthus annuus) oils, macerated (30%) demeter** marigold (Calendula officinalis) flowers, and plant sourced vitamin E. Ingredients are sourced from Organic Farms* and are demeter Controlled Biodynamic**.
It is said that the marigold was born from the tears of Aphrodite, shed for the death of her beloved Adonis. This gives it a sort of lunar valence, known as Yin in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) making it suitable for "putting out fires": it reduces redness, soothes, calms. Marigold has double value: as well as being lunar, it is also solar. Just like its color, bright orange and cheerful (it is no coincidence that its name means "Follower of the Sun"). As a consequence it helps to revive atonal skin with a dull complexion. The use of marigold oleolite for skin health was already known in ancient times; the Egyptians called it the plant of eternal youth. Thanks to its richness in flavonoids and triterpenes, it can be used to combat the appearance of facial blemishes.
Plant sourced Vitamin E increases the shelf life of the product and enhances its effect, performing an antioxidant and re-epithelializing action.
Morning and evening place a small amount of Marigold Oil on your hands and massage gently into your face and body until completely absorbed. Ideal as an aromatherapy base to be mixed with essential oils: to Marigold Oil add 2-3 drops of preferred 100% pure essential oils from those most suitable for the intended use.